Monday, April 9, 2012


I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter or a joyous Passover.  I have been doing a lot of handwork to keep me sane during the last little while.  My husband has been home-bound since he got out of the hospital in February.  Knitting and crocheting have kept him alive! (said tongue firmly in cheek.)  I am working on a shawl out of Rowan's Colourscape Chunky in  the now discontinued Frosty colorway.  I am designing as I go and allowing the colors to shine rather than having the stitches take center stage.  I got the yarn as a Craftsy special.  I wasn't too happy with the quality of the yarn, I found that it contained quite a bit of detritus, from grass and straw to burrs and stickers.  I even found about an inch and a half of a netting-like fiber.  However, the colors more than make up for the issues.  As the pictures show, I am crocheting the shawl using an openwork double crochet and chain.  The increases are a simple v-stitch and a modified v-stitch at the beginning and end of each row; the beginning is ch 5, dc in sp; ending is dc in last sp, ch 2 dc in ch 3 of beg ch5.

I have also been working on  the second sock of a pair of crocheted toe-up socks. The yarn is a lovely soft acrylic DK weight I got from Mary Maxim.  It was an irregular of their Mellowspun DK .

No comments:

Post a Comment